Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Marsha Ambrosius: Late Nights & Early Mornings



I've been waiting for this album to come out since November. I do adore her so. I'm so happy she has a solo career. Not for nothing, while Floetry was cool I'm no big fan of spoken word. I was at a program the other night and they were celebrating my grandfather. This lovely lady wrote a beautiful poem and delivered in that spoken word cadence that makes my skin crawl. So rude, I know.

But back to Marsha and this delightful love album she put out. Just in time for me to be in love. The harder I work, the more I find a reason to love someone...else....heh. "Lose Myself" is EVERYTHING....I mean EVERYTHING. The album is so honest and plain. Good writing. I'm looking for good writing. I wish I could write. Publishing. Yes Marsha.

My roommates and I teared up over the Far Away video this morning. It was so modern day Threes Company like us. Kudos Marsha. It's about damn time!

No comments:

Post a Comment