Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The End Game


I think I just turned the page in life. The one where I don't ask "what I'm going to do when I grow up" to "what's your end game". Where people say, "you're at the age where...." Decisions decisions. The age where I'm not only planning my week long extravaganza 40th birthday, but, when offered jobs, the questions are always. "what is your end game?". I'm not sure if that's exciting or not. The first thing I think of is my mothers impending retirement, my aunt's getting out of the hospital, my dream house in Malibu, etc. But the "end game" is how you actually make this happen. This is what we've been dreaming about all this time right? And what does the end game consist of?
Finances
Frozen eggs
better credit
pay off student loans
vineyard in Tuscany
A book
A TV show
A movie
....I dunno, these sound more like goals again. I guess if I comprise all of my goals to my end game, then I would have a new focus.

I'm raising my 21 year old niece who's excited about life and wondering what she's going to do. I'm reaming her about goals and responsibility and all of the fantastic choices and options she has and blah blah blah. And here I am, smoking a Parliament on my back porch asking myself the same damn thing. I should probably go work out or have sex or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment