Monday, November 30, 2009

Swell not

I missed everything this weekend. Hanging with the family all weekend. My goddaughter is so delicious I can eat her. I visited my uncle and he looks wonderful. My grandparents are getting older and being with them is a blessing and I love them. I thought my cousin-in-law and I would be able to go to Churches or Trestles...but since it rained and the water was reportedly deathly, Safe Black girl and her Liberal-but-from-a-Republican-household cousin (which means we've merged families perfectly because it makes him still safe) decided against the threat of staff infections and went to Denny's with the family instead. My cousin wore a mullet, Kiki Jo ate everyone's sausages, good old family fun.

I've almost had too much family time now and I always wonder will I have the patience my mother has taking of my grandparents, to take care of her. We talk about it. My grandmother is increasingly surly. And I'm praying, hoping, wishing, my mother stays on the light-hearted end of the spectrum. Age, mortality, etc, is a tough egg. Old people don't want to be bothered with anything and think they know all there is to know about everything. My grandmother and I are alike in that way. Know it alls. Stubborn. I'm looking in a mirror and getting mad at her because it stirs up, obviously, things in me. I do believe in change however. I think the minute you are so over life that you cannot learn anything else you may as well roll over and die. What would be the point anymore?

I need to go surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment