Monday, October 24, 2011

14th St. Station


In my attempt to scale down during my temporary lapse of job and major attempt at being bi-coastal, I ventured out to take the train from Chelsea. I normally brave this feat with my friend, but as she s on the vacation I denied myself during my "scale back period"-I would be braving this 3 train ride on my own.

The office I'm working in is in Chelsea. After work, I met up for drinks with the fabulous Sean Patterson who had much advice to offer on my career change. It seems that while I venture into film and tv land, I happen to have fans who miss me in music....already. It's only been a month. And while I forage into new frontiers they have plenty of ideas for me to reinvent myself in the old ones. Go figure. Gotta love people who love you.

So, I deny my urge to take a taxi and talk on the phone to use my Recently purchased metro card and dwell with the people....what makes NYC so great....public transportation n shit. I gotta take 3 trains from Chelsea.....THREE! But for $2.25 I can do it.

After my 2nd Connection I miss the Q in which I find myself at 14th street. During my 15 minute wait, there's a fab 1 man band rendition of "Let this Groove" by Earth, Wind & Fire, filling the airwaves.....it was great! Guitar solo and all.

I then notice this cute black girl and cutey patootey white (jewish) boy , young, sitting there, gazing into each others eyes. She was shy. He was deliberate. He wants to know her. She had the loveliest Afro underground.....he touched it, she blushed and put her hood on. I felt bad for her. She seemed so ashamed. He fell back. They got on the train, he unveiled her hair, put his arm around her and she nestled right into the nook. It was so sweet! I love how he noted her insecurity, gave her a minute and accepted her all over again....for her sake. Loving. Baby pooh bears.

After they left I could still hear the one man band. I'm realizing he's not all that fabulous, he may possibly be a hack. He's been playing the same song for 12 minutes. Who wants a one man jam band? Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. wow..that second to last paragraph is SO beautifully written. made me smile.

    ReplyDelete