Sunday, April 3, 2011

DC


Driving in from one of the most convenient airports in the world, Reagan, the cherry blossoms lining the Potomac remind me what a beautiful city our Nations capital is. Driving past the Jefferson Memorial reminds me of a family trip...I must have been 13, where we visited the other Farris'. Aunt Anne, Uncle Bob, their kids, the whole side of my family and my great-grandma. We toured the whole city, as a family. When we got to the Jefferson Memorial, my grandma reached out to me so that I could guide her to the step to sit down. I said "grandma what are you doing?" She responded while pulling a jar of vaseline out of her purse, opened it saying, "I got to grease my feet!" And she proceeded to do just that. My grandpa's mom was just like him, efficient, mindful and a problem solver. I love DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment